Once Upon a Tine

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Cigars and an E-Pea-finy

I gave snow peas a second chance tonight and they won!

The balance of the day was spent on the front lines with Zach as we built plastics. We have gotten quite comfortable in our working environment as a duo. Zach loves coming to work for the always interesting fridge and a stream of Big Brother from one media source or another.

With the work day concluded, I took a jaunt to the corner humidor as I have not had a fresh and easy cigar in quite awhile. Marney welcomed me back with her smile and friendly nature. She was ringing up a customer when I walked in. She said "I'll meet you there" as I walked to the back of the store where the smoking pit is assembled. I sat in the room with big leather chairs, the kind that cracks with time and have button studs running down the arms. The coffee table between us was littered with shop appropriate magazines. She gather some must try cigars and joined me. Marney had a new hairdo, once again and I commented on it. She looked fabulous! We made comfortable small talk as familiar strangers do. I felt dumpy next to her new found glamour and voiced it. Marney grabbed my hand and her shop phone and dragged me next door to the amazing salon she is frequenting, introducing me to Kim, makeover artist. "This girl needs to be refreshed" was all she said. Kim assessed my hair, makeup - or lack thereof and frumpy situation. She was expressive about changes she could make as she combed her fingers through my hair and took my chin in hand to scrutinize the trouble. She had a solution and I have an appointment with beauty next Tuesday at noon.

I broke in a new wok tonight and my smoke alarms rang with glee as the thing smoked sesame seed oil. When it appeared to be properly fermented, I tossed in some veggies along with spices, soy, sugar and a little water. I've never been a fan of snow peas or vegetables in general. Turns out, this was the perfect solution to my aversion. I cooked them slightly underdone, just a bit of a crunch. The meal was satisfying, even the snow peas. With a perfectly fresh chocolate flavored cigar for desert.


Labels: , ,

posted by Jules at 6:59 PM

1 Comments:

You should stay away from those snow peas, everyone knows they make you crabby!

Unanymous

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home